Coaching requirements for all divisions can be accessed on the Softball BC website.
List of Coaches Clinics available now can be found HERE.
National Coaches Certification Program – Code of Ethics
The NCCP Code of Ethics are a set of values organized into a series of core principles that contain standards of behaviour expected of all PMFSA members while they perform their duties. Click on the link to view the NCCP Code of Ethics.
Criminal Records Review Program
All PMFSA coaches are required by law to complete a BC Criminal Record Review.
The access code provided below is unique to the PMFSA organization. This code will be required by coaches when submitting an online request:
Online Link: https://justice.gov.bc.ca/eCRC/
Access Code: WA2PY8MURV
Please keep this information in a safe place for your reference. The results of the criminal record check will be sent to your organization’s authorized contact person via e-mail.
All PMFSA Coaches should:
- Instill the highest ideals and character traits into their players.
- Be enthusiastic and show enjoyment of coaching
- Be self-confident, assertive, consistent, friendly, fair and competent.
- Have a sense of humor.
- Have thorough knowledge of the rules, techniques and tactics.
- Have a basic understanding of first aid.
- Be dressed appropriately.
- Be a role model.
- Maintain discipline.
- Be organized (for sessions and the year)
- Be able to justify, if necessary, why things are being done, or ask for suggestions when not sure.